Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Are You Pollish?


No... Not that kind of Polish, not from Eastern Europe. You know, Poll-ish...

Here are a few polls plucked from around the NASCAR media.

From - On Pit Row
http://onpitrow.com/


The Question???
Who is the best bet to stop Jimmie Johnson's Cup Run?


1. Jeff Gordon - The real drive for 5 (18%, 52 Votes)

2. Somebody. Anybody! (18%, 51 Votes)

3. Forget it. Just give him the trophy already (16%, 47 Votes)

4. Tony Stewart (14%, 41 Votes)

5. Mark - never too old - Martin (11%, 33 Votes)

6. Denny Hamlin - Who needs 2 knees anyway? (11%, 32 Votes)

7. The Rowdy One - Kyle Busch (8%, 24 Votes)

8. Cousin Carl Edwards (2%, 7 Votes)

Total Votes: 287
(Note: This must be a pretty old poll having Mark Martin included...)



From - Vegas Insider Poll
http://www.vegasinsider.com/auto-racing/

The Question???
Which driver has the best chance to stop Jimmie Johnson's championship run?


31% Jeff Gordon


20% Kurt Busch


7% Tony Stewart


7% Greg Biffle


35% Other

********************************************************************

Here are some quotes on the latest dust-up…



NASCAR Vice President of Competition Robin Pemberton concerning no penalties being levied on Kyle Busch or Brad Keselowski following their dust up last Friday night in Bristol’s Nation Wide race:
“Hard racing,” Pemberton said. “When you look at it, he pushed him around the corner and he said he did that. He didn’t hook him in the rear quarter panel. Those guys had been giving and taking all night long and all of that stuff came into play in a lap.
“You evaluate what real estate it was in and all that stuff. But at the end of the day, it was two guys racing hard. They were bumping and running and they were not giving each other any space if they didn’t have to in the closing laps of the race. Nobody else was involved.”
“We don’t expect to [talk with Busch],” Pemberton said. “If those guys develop some sort of history, we’ll look at it later on. But right now, those guys are racing pretty darn hard.”


So what’s Brad say he plans to do? “I’m going to go to work and work on beating his ass,” he said of Busch.


Kyle’s take on tangling with Brad?

“… that’s part of racing … short-track racing at Bristol. I worked on the guy for 12 or 15 laps to try to pass him, passed him clean, moved up in front of him in order to block his run or do a slide job, whatever you want to call it, cause my spotter said I was clear. He hits me in the back end, puts me in the wall and I thought to myself, ‘What would Dale Sr. do? What would Tony Stewart do? And who is the guy who just did it to me?’ So, those three questions were answered getting into Turn 3 and I had my mind made up and did what I did in order to try to win the thing.”

This leads up to the last two polls…
From - SceneDaily
http://www.scenedaily.com/news/polls/101387684.html?oid=2&mr=100&cid=8500492&pid=101387684

The Question???
Whose side are you on in the Brad Keselowski-Kyle Busch feud?

Busch. Keselowski had it coming for bumping Busch and aggressive tactics. 78% (904)

Keselowski. He was right to be mad and to call Busch “an ass.” 16% (190)

Neither. It was just a racing incident. 6% (68)

From - The Frontstretch
http://www.frontstretch.com/nbromberg/30940/

The Question???
Do you have sympathy towards Brad Keselowski after his latest wreck at Bristol?

No. Kyle Busch may have been out of line but he got what he deserved. 52% (46)

Yes. That was uncalled for. 48% (42)



There ya have it!

8 comments:

  1. Hey Dwindy,
    I never gave Busch much thought until he started bad mouthin' my home boy David Reutimann. The guy is a hell of a driver, but he's got the personality of a spoiled brat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aero!

    How ya doin'? A friend of mine was the manager of the Citrus County Raceway for many years and knows the whole Reutimann family. I have to say I hope David does well too. He's one of the few southern boys still driving in NASCAR's Cup series...

    Kyle has one of those personalities that either hits your fancy or is repulsive. The one given that everybody agrees on is that he is one of the most talented drivers to come along in quite some time.

    Now think about this... Any new driver that everybody likes is an also-ran. You can't be a winner in this sport without making enemies...

    Thanks Aero!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love polls and the Polish. I'm thinking up a new one right now.

    The Scene Daily results are hard to believe. Were you stuffing the ballot box, Dwindy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gene, I have to admit I tried but it wouldn't let me...

    The revised count is down a little now to 67% pro Busch, 26 % pro Brad, but who'da thunk it?

    Ever hear the one about the Polish guy who threw a fit and left his wife when he found "Polish Remover" under the sink? LOL

    Thanks for the comment Gene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gene,

    I checked out the Frontstretch poll and it's going the other way. It now has 58% pro Busch and 42% feels sympathy, SYMPATHY!, for poor Brad...

    Do I see a trend?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I voted for 'racing incident'....go the mighty 6%!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How come Junyer isnt an option in any of these polls!?!?


    I believe Junyer told BK to not be a tool - and BK wasn't...you'd be surprised that many folks who I thought would hate BK (esp from the Kurt Busch websites b/c BK is taking his ride...) are starting to root for the kid.

    I am on BK side because I've got to support my Penske guys, plus I think BK is like Kyle & Kurt were in the beginning too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm... tez is non-committal. You been hangin' out with some French Canadians?

    Kristen, I just don't understand leaving Dale Jr. out either. Now, concerning BK... You know what that stands for don't ya? Bad Karma! LOL

    Watch out!

    And yes... When I got back into following NASCAR I thought about being a fan of one of the Ford drivers but there was this guy flyin' around the tracks with his hair on fire!

    He kept beatin' up on the guys I was trying to back! Finally, I threw up my hands and capitulated. (Hanging my head in shame) I went over to the Kyle side... Today I'm very happy with the decision! Yeah, he can be a real jerk, but it works for him! Now it appears the fans are beginning to come around...

    Thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete