Tuesday, May 24, 2011

He Always Drives Like His Hair's On Fire?

Kyle Busch...
He got pulled over today doing 128 MPH in a 45 MPH zone!



Now that's a little much... I could see maybe 80 but 128?

The Iredell County (NC) sheriff's deputy that pulled Kyle over stated he was not arrogant but respectful. The deputy then wrote him up for reckless driving and excessive speed (ya think?)...

Here's Kyle's statement issued earlier this afternoon:

"Today I received a traffic citation in Iredell County. I was test driving a new sports car and I got carried away. I went beyond the speed I should have been going on a public road. I apologize to the public, my fans, sponsors, and race teams for my lack of judgment. I take responsibility for my actions and I can assure you that something like this will never happen again. I thank the Iredell County Sheriff's Department and all law enforcement for the hard work they do every day to protect the public and to enforce the laws in a fair and equitable manner."


What was he driving? He had a new prototype Lexus LFA sports car like the one below out for a test spin...



Nice car, stupid stunt...
Here's a link to the story:


http://www2.statesville.com/news/2011/may/24/23/kyle-busch-cited-128-45-mph-zone-ar-1061276/






6 comments:

  1. Denny posted that same shot of the car on twitter saying to stay out of his way. Wonder if they both got test drives but only Kyle got caught! LOL

    Gotta love Kyle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hundreds of whack jobs on the internet and radio are calling on NASCAR to suspend him. What a laugh. If NASCAR suspended every driver that was pulled for speeding, or for going 100+, that would be a long list.

    If not for the internet, this incident would be a non-issue... just like it was for all the pioneers/moonshiners who routinely drove 100+ on the highways while still racing every Sunday.

    It's not hard to believe that a world class driver was doing 130mph in a world class sports car.... it's hard to believe that he was doing it with his wife riding shotgun... "Slow down, Kyle. I have to go to the bathroom. You could have stopped there. You should have turned there. I told him that he should have slowed down, officer." lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen,

    That was the car that Denny had. Whether it was the same one Kyle took for a spin I don't know but very well could have been... So Kyle got caught and Denny didn't? I did some crazy things when I was a kid but they were pretty much a thing of the past when I hit my mid-twenties.

    Kyle better figure this thing out. Heck, it was even on the front page of the St. Petersburg Times this AM!

    Not sure what's going on with our blog site... This is Bob (AKA Dwindy1) BTW...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now it decides to work...

    Young Mr. Haddock...

    How fast have you driven a car before? How old were you? Was it in a 45 MPH zone?

    Kyle needs to settle down and pay attention. There are a lot of what ifs pulling a stunt like that and none of them are good...

    On another note, I recall reading an article about Dale Earnhardt Sr. written by one of the NASCAR madia dudes. He told a story about riding with Dale who was driving a full-sized sedan and had his wife and kids in the car at the time. Dale had his right arm resting up on the top of the front seat, one finger on the wheel and was half watching where he was going while driving nearly 100 MPH and talking to the reporter. As I remember there was some sort of problem on the road ahead that caused Dale to veer from one side of the road to the other, narrowly missing two cars. He hardly blinked in the process, never let up on the accelerator and maintained control with his one finger still on the wheel...

    These guys live for speed...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are the statute of limitations? LOL

    I have driven over a 100 a few times, on country roads and the Interstate. I don't think I have driven that fast since I was a teenager though. On the other hand, I've never been sitting in a 525HP, $350,000 sports car, either.

    Of course there is no excuse for doing 128 on a country road. An animal could run out in front of you, some blue hair could pull out of her driveway right in front of you, a tire could blow, etc.

    If I'm a team owner, I want a daredevil type, risk taker in my car, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gene I'm hopin' that statute ran out a long time ago or I've still got some splainin' to do! LOL

    When I used to fly there were times when I took the plane right down near the ground to get that sensation of speed... Had to watch for power lines though and man they'd come up fast!

    I maxed out my Mustang one time... That's all I'm gonna say.

    Thanks Gene!

    ReplyDelete