Saturday, November 5, 2011

Upon Further Review...


Take a look at what occurred during the initial contact between the 18 and the 33. Hornaday moves in on Kyle to take 3rd place and then slower traffic forces 3 wide as Kyle contends for the position. That's when the two rigs come together and Kyle is suddenly forced up the track... But that's not enough. Kyle hadn't gotten into the wall yet so there's the 33 moving up into the 18 again... That's where the wall comes into play. Here's Speed TV's video...

http://www.speedtv.com/video/nascar/trucks

Now I'm not condoning what happens next, but I think it's a little more understandable given that it appears Hornaday could've backed off but he didn't. The bottom line is Kyle will begrudgedly be given a measure of respect from other drivers knowing if they go out of their way to wham him they're going to get whammed back...

We've all heard the rhetoric coming from the Hornaday/Harvick camp, here's Kyle's take on what happened... “If you make it a three-wide situation, I can’t go up in the dirt, you know?” Busch said. “I’m already on the outside lane, there’s not three lanes out here right now. … So if I just lay over and give up everything for Ron Hornaday, that’s not Kyle Busch’s fashion. I’m out here to win a race just as much as anybody else is.

“When he races up on my inside, gets loose and takes me up to the fence, I ended up losing my cool. I’ve been wrecked four weeks in a row and finally I’d just had enough of it.”

Now this is being written prior to NASCAR's Saturday morning meeting with Kyle... Will they park him in the NW or Cup race? I'm thinking they may shut down KBM for Homestead, but they want him and all the controversy to flow. Let's face it, Kyle has a way of stirring NASCAR's drink, and with big football games to compete with, NASCAR should welcome the attention.

8 comments:

  1. It was lap 13.... Hornaday was racing for a title, he should have backed off, there were still plenty of laps left.

    Some fans give Ron a pass by saying, "he just got loose." Yeah? There's a reason drivers 'just get loose' when they are under another vehicle.... because they are driving over their head!

    Where were all the calls for suspensions earlier this year when Vickers pushed Stewart down the track at Sonoma before finally leaving him sitting on a stack of tires? Or, last year at Homestead when Harvick pushed Kyle down the straightaway and into the wall causing the 18 to burn to the ground? Both drivers admitted they did it intentionally.

    I'm glad Kyle finally stood up to the lesser talents that have been wrecking him all year. He sent a loud message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about when Edwards had his wrecked car fixed, and then went out and dumped Brad K.

    All these talking heads in the media are full of it. They see an easy target, because everybody puts every move by KB under a microscope.

    Speed and the commentators created this penalty when that was all they talked about for the rest of the race.

    I have been on twitter all morning calling their BS, and not one has responded, to me, but only to those that agree with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... They threw the book at Kyle or at least for the balance of Texas.

    Gene you're right. There have been incidences over the last couple of seasons that clearly are on a par with what happened last night and yet NASCAR stood by and let the perps walk... I guess the Harvick / Hornaday camp has been somewhat appeased... I don't think this is over by any means.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am shocked KB got parked for Cup, I think its because of the history with Harv/RCR v Kyle and the fact that Ronny was going for the championship that race.

    I think Ronny was driving over his head - he didnt have to take it 3 wide there - all he had to do was lift esp knowing he was toe to toe with Kyle. I think drivers make bad decisions in split seconds and this is all it is on both accounts.

    I havent been online as I have found since coming back from vacay the lack of media info has made watching nascar much more pleasurable but I can only imagine the lynchfest.

    go Busch Bros!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Stork!

    I keep thinking about the old saw, "Nobody said life is going to be fair." And this falls right into that category.

    Sure seems to me like a group of ruffians (Hornady, Harvick, Childress) ganging up on one guy.

    Is this the thing that puts Kyle over the top down the road? In other words, will he finally learn to control his temper? Is it in him to do so? I guess that remains to be seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristen, you hit it on the head... It's a lynchfest!

    Like I stated, I don't condone the retaliation but what's Kyle supposed to do when enough is enough? Everybody has a tipping point and we just witnessed where Kyle's happens to be...

    I'm surprised at the severity of the penalty, especially given what Gene is pointing out...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Kyle was trying to use the lapped car as a pick....Ron thought that since it was early on, Kyle would give him a break and they could get by without issue. I still say that I totally understand Kyle being highly annoyed, but he should have left it as a nudge on the bumper under yellow. But as soon as he shoved Ron into losing it, there was never going to be any other outcome.

    As far as the penalty goes, I'm surprised they sat him for either race....if anything, I thought he'd get a fine and not allowed to race his truck at Homestead at the most.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tez, I'm thinkin' you're right and neither of those boys was gonna back off... Who had the most to lose? I'm gonna say Horny did... He was 15 points back with Texas and Homestead to go... I think Kyle was pretty much out of the Owner's Championship.

    Ya know what's strange? During the last truck race Kyle was giving advice to and helping Austin Dillon... So much for diplomacy!

    ReplyDelete